COUNTERBALANCED FORKLIFTS CLASS 1, 4, & 5
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE:
This full day course is designed for any worker performing duties as a forklift operator. Regardless of any previous experience operating forklifts, the law requires that an operator receives theoretical and hands-on training on safe forklift operation. In addition, their knowledge and ability to operate a forklift safely must be evaluated.
The objective of this program is to help make the participant a safer operator and reduce the risk of injury by providing them with the necessary knowledge and skills as required by the regulations.
Students must meet the following objectives to earn certification in this course:
- Achieve a minimum of 70% on the closed book exam.
- Perform a work area assessment.
- Conduct a pre-use inspection of the forklift.
- Score a passing grade of 80% on the practical examination.
This course certification is for counterbalanced forklifts class 1, 4, and 5. It meets the requirements of ANSI/ITSDF B56.1-2009, CSA B335-94, and WorkSafe BC Part 16.
Course certification is valid for a 3 year period and an 18 month review is recommended.
- Please add your course date selection into the Notes area at Checkout.