Instructor: Katherine Keras-Astells
Partner with: British Columbia Safety Alliance (BCCSA) and British Columbia Municipal Safety Association (BCMSA)
THE BEST TRAFFIC CONTROL PERSON TRAINING [ Course
Schedule below ]
This Best Traffic Control Person Training comprehensive, two-day standardized course for Traffic Control Persons (TCPs) consists of classroom and practical training and is the only program of its kind accepted by WorkSafe BC under Section 18 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation for high-risk traffic control. It is a two-day Traffic Control person training session that is designed to qualify those who work as high-risk TCPs throughout the province of BC.
Participants who successfully complete the training will understand the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of TCPs, employers and supervisors
- Regulations and standards, including those set out by the Ministry of Transportation, WorkSafe BC and the Motor Vehicle Act
- Traffic control equipment and devices, including personal protective equipment
- Setting up, maintaining and removing work zones
- Working around equipment
While there are certain restrictions on those who may work as Traffic Control Persons, there are no prerequisites for the TCP Course. We recommend a grade 10 reading and writing level and valid drivers license to attend the course.
To successfully complete the course, the participant must pass both the written exam with a minimum mark of 80% and the practical evaluation with 100%. Records of completion are provided by the BCCSA and are valid for three years.
Upon successful completion, TCPs are provided with a three-year certification. To re-qualify, TCPs must complete a one-day re-qualification course.
- September 21 & 22 – Sat/Sun – two day TCP course –
- September 28th – Saturday – one day TCP recertification course
- October 5 & 6th – Sat/Sun – two day TCP course –
- October 17 & 18th – Thursday/Friday – two day TCP course –
- October 21 – Monday – one-day recertification course
- October 26 – Saturday – one-day recertification course
- November 14 & 15th – Thursday/Friday – two day TCP course –
- November 18th – Monday – one-day Recertification course.
- November 23 – Saturday – LCT course – Lane Closure setup for TCP’s