FALL PROTECTION TRAINING PROGRAM
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE:
This 8.5 hour Fall protection training course is designed for any worker performing duties where a fall hazard exists. Telecom specialists, tradespeople, construction workers, theatre rigging technicians, and bridge maintenance staff are just a few of the professions that will benefit from participation in this course.
Fall Protection Training in British Columbia
Students must meet the following objectives to earn certification in this course:
- Perform an end-user inspection of fall protection equipment.
- Complete a full-body harness fitting.
- Complete a proper harness partner check.
- Conduct a fall hazard assessment.
- Achieve a minimum of 75% on a closed book examination.
Offered on Saturdays.
This course certification meets the requirements of ANSI Z359, CSA Z259, WorkSafe BC Part 11, and the training course component of the CSA Z1001 standard, “Occupational Health and Safety Training.”
Course certification is valid for a 3 year period and an annual review is recommended.