LEVEL 2 OCCUPATIONAL FIRST AID
The Occupational First Aid Level 2 course is designed for industries located in close proximity to hospitals (less than 20 min.) Skills include; minor wound care, upper limb immobilization techniques, CPR & obstructed airway management, as well as medical conditions and regulatory requirements by the WCB. Upon successful completion of a practical and written examination, candidates will be certified for 3 years.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age to be certified. Restricted ticket until age 19
- In good health and physical condition
- Provide valid photo ID to the Evaluator prior to examinations
- Students must prepay to secure a seat in the class.
- When registering please make arrangements to pick up textbooks prior to the start of the course as there is pre-reading required.
- Payment required in full at the time of registration
- All class hours are mandatory
What you will learn:
- Priority Action Approach
- Primary Survey – Conscious / Unconscious patient
- Secondary Survey – Conscious / Unconscious patient
- Critical Interventions
- Cervical spine control
- Airway and Breathing interventions
- Hemorrhage control
- One person CPR
- Minor injuries
- Muscular / Skeletal Injuries
- Oxygen Therapy
- Records and reports